Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Trifle Pudding Cups


Hello everyone!

How was your weekend? Mine was awesome! If the photo above doesn't hint to that already, there was something else special that went down this weekend. My grandfather, who I haven't seen in a couple years, came to visit from Pakistan! And if this wasn't exciting enough, my relatives came over and stayed till midnight eating good food and catching up with my last surviving grandparent.

Of course, such an auspicious event calls for a beautiful dessert to go along with it.  Let me tell you, even bakers and bloggers succumb to cooking with box mixes and store-bought whipped cream when a combination such as this tastes so delicious. Now let me just make it clear right now: I am a full supporter of store bought mixes, but I try to keep them off of this blog. It's just that there are a couple desserts that are so easy to make but yield such amazing results that I cannot stay away from them.  So here I am, sharing this super simple but beautiful and mouth-watering dessert with you (made from all store-bought ingredients).


Strawberry Trifle Pudding Cups
Makes around 10 individual cups

Ingredients
1 box instant vanilla pudding mix
1 Sara Lee pound cake diced into 1/4" cubes
1 box whipped topping
1/2 cup diced strawberries
sliced strawberries and blueberries for decoration (optional)

Assembly
Step 1: Prepare all the ingredients.  Follow the instructions on the box of the pudding.  Whip the whipped topping on high speed in a chilled mixer bowl until soft peaks form (almost hard).


Step 2: Alternately layer all the ingredients in the pudding cup until you reach the top.  Make sure the pudding is the last layer.  Top the mini trifles with whipped cream, strawberries, and blueberries for a burst of color.


A variation of these trifle cups is made by using brownies, crushed Oreo cookies, whipped cream, and one box of Oreo pudding mix -- heavenly!  That looks something like this:

Oreo and Brownie Trifle Pudding Cups



Actually, Chocolate Overload Trifle sounds just as good and gives a more accurate description of the flavor of this trifle in my mouth.  If you couldn't already tell... I was pretty darn happy eating that trifle.

© Best of Wardah. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.