Sunday, April 8, 2012

DIY: Heart Cutout Cupcakes


Hello everyone!

It's been a while since I last posted.  My break ended and once again, I was swamped with readings and school work.  Plus, I didn't get a chance to make anything post-worthy for a while.  Luckily, I had some pictures from before and I finally found time to sit down and write up a post.  Let's just hope I can continue posting during this quarter!

I made these cupcakes for my dad's birthday a week ago.  Yeah, I know, you guys were thinking that I made this for Valentine's Day or something.  I can explain... The truth is, my family doesn't celebrate birthdays.  When we do, it's really just an excuse to make something sweet to eat or an extravagant dinner to enjoy.  So when my dad's birthday came around, I remembered these adorable cupcakes I saw on the amazing blogger, Glorious Treats', site (she did make them for Valentine's).  I just couldn't resist!  Anyways, it's not like my dad doesn't deserve hearts on his special day.  Congratulations Dad!


I took a new approach to this tutorial.  I'm just going to sit back and let you look at these step-by-step pictures of the process.  Since making this adorable cupcake is super easy, I'm sure it'll be enough.  Be sure to leave questions in the comments below!  And let's get started!

Heart Cutout Cupcakes













Oh, by the way, I made chocolate cupcakes with strawberry cream cheese filling - heavenly!

Abdullah Arif said...

amazing taste, and the strawberry cream cheese makes it sooo much better

Anonymous said...

Wardah, Very tasty and delicious cupcakes, and fluffy too. Thank you very much for making those for me!

endodo4ever said...

Omg this is an amazing recipe and I love the photos you took, Wardah! Can't wait to try it out myself! Miss you!

© Best of Wardah. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.